Succulent Beef Skewers for 2 Recipe
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or dash dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Thread beef onto two metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness (for medium, a meat thermometer should read 165°; well-done 180°), turning occasionally. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 171 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, trace fiber), 22g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 1 fat
Reviews for Succulent Beef Skewers for 2
"as a beef farmer i can attest to how amazing these are. it's a must try recipe"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.