You'll have the chance to use several garden-fresh vegetables in this recipe, which is a "spiced-up" version of regular succotash.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups fresh corn, cooked and cooled
- 1-1/2 cups frozen lima beans, thawed
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 2 medium radishes, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine corn, beans, cheese, radishes, tomatoes,
- celery and onion. Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl; pour
- over vegetables and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before
- serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 139 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.