- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick and 1 pound)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- In a small bowl, mix lime juice, sugar and garlic until blended; set aside. Cut steak into 2x1x3/4-in. pieces; toss with pepper and salt. Thread beef onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 2-4 minutes on each side or until beef reaches desired doneness. Add peanuts to sauce; serve with kabobs and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Sublime Lime Beef
"Way too much lime. Will not make this again."
"This was just ok - wont make again. Lime was too much and did not yield an exceptional flavor."
"This recipe was good, but not awesome. Needs something more for added flavor??"
"Not much flavor here. needs something added to it. will not be making this again. Sorry. :("
"I really don't want to be a downer, but this recipe didn't work out for us. I ended up with tasty pieces of beef, plain rice, and a bowl of lime juice with fresh garlic floating in it. Pouring the juice mixture over it all was too much. Dipping each beef piece in the juice was ok, but still very strong and then there was still the plain rice that needed something ..."
"This was easy and yummy! I would suggest doubling the lime juice, sugar and garlic mixture and adding half of it to the rice. Also I threw in some red cayenne pepper to jazz it up. Super summer dinner!"