Stuffing Surprise Recipe
With its mild flavor, tender squash is easy to blend into recipes to please the palates of picky eaters.—Suzanne Zick, Osceola, Arkansas
- 2 cups mashed cooked butternut or acorn squash
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot, finely shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups crushed herb-seasoned stuffing, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a bowl, combine the squash, soup, sour cream, onion, carrot, salt and pepper. Sprinkle 1 cup of stuffing into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with squash mixture and remaining stuffing; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 206 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 611mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Stuffing Surprise
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC