- 2 cups mashed cooked butternut or acorn squash
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot, finely shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups crushed herb-seasoned stuffing, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine the squash, soup, sour cream, onion, carrot, salt and pepper. Sprinkle 1 cup of stuffing into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with squash mixture and remaining stuffing; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Stuffing Surprise in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p14
Reviews for Stuffing Surprise
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review