Stuffing-Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 2 cups cooked stuffing
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1. Cut a pocket in each chop by slicing almost to the bone. Fill each chop with 1/2 cup stuffing; secure with toothpicks if necessary. Sprinkle with pepper.
- 2. In a large ovenproof skillet, brown chops in oil. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove pork chops and set aside. Keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, cook garlic and thyme in pan drippings over medium heat for 1 minute. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. In a small bowl, combine flour and broth until smooth. Gradually add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Remove toothpicks from pork chops; serve chops with gravy. Yield: 4 servings.
1 stuffed pork chop with 1/4 cup gravy equals 540 calories, 25 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 791 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 47 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.