- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 2 cups cooked stuffing
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Cut a pocket in each chop by slicing almost to the bone. Fill each chop with 1/2 cup stuffing; secure with toothpicks if necessary. Sprinkle with pepper.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, brown chops in oil. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove pork chops and set aside. Keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook garlic and thyme in pan drippings over medium heat for 1 minute. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. In a small bowl, combine flour and broth until smooth. Gradually add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove toothpicks from pork chops; serve chops with gravy. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Stuffing-Stuffed Pork Chops
Sort By :
"We loved these tender pork chops! I used the chicken broth instead of the wine and the gravy was wonderful."
"This was very good, I will make this again. The pork chops turned out perfect. I used the chicken broth for the gravy."
"This was very good, I will make this again. The pork chops turned out perfect."
"Going to make this for supper tonight. sounds really good. mily is going to enjoy this. ani have made stuffed cops i never have had the gravy. They are going to be really surprised and i will get 5 stars on the meal. can't wait to make it. thank you toh for this recipe."
"Great for everyday meals but jassed up a dab"