Stuffing Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet, saute the onion, celery and garlic in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. In a large bowl, dissolve bouillon in boiling water. Stir in the bread crumbs, milk, herbs and celery mixture. Set aside.
- 2. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread bread crumb mixture over chicken; roll up. Secure with toothpicks.
- 3. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Melt remaining butter and brush over chicken. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 200 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Stuffing Stuffed Chicken Breasts
"This was incredible! I used a boxed stuffing mix (done by the directions on the back), instead of the soft breadcrumbs. I also made a white sauce gravy to pour over top of it after it was served. It was absolutely delicious! I will definitely be making this one again."