Stuffing Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute the onion, celery and garlic in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. In a large bowl, dissolve bouillon in boiling water. Stir in the bread crumbs, milk, herbs and celery mixture. Set aside.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread bread crumb mixture over chicken; roll up. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Melt remaining butter and brush over chicken. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Stuffing Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Sort By :
This was a tasty dish. I don't know what went wrong though but there isn't enough liquid to bread crumbs and it left me with a bowl of dry crumbs. There was about twice as much stuffing as was needed, so I think if I try this again I will use half as many bread crumbs.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >