- through the tenderloin. Place in bag; seal and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onions and water chestnuts
- in butter until onion is tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the
- remaining stuffing ingredients. Drain and discard marinade. Open
- tenderloin; spoon stuffing on one side. Close and tie with kitchen
- string. Place in a greased shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for about 1-1/2 hours or until meat
- reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should
- read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for
- 10-15 minutes before removing string and slicing. Yield: 12
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.