- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 cups cubed day-old white bread
- 6 cups cubed day-old whole wheat bread
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook onion and celery in butter until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, salt, poultry seasoning, sage and pepper. Stir in onion mixture. Combine broth and eggs; add to bread mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Stuffing from the Slow Cooker
"This a little dry after mixing so I added more chicken broth. I increased the amount of sage to my personal taste. My family loved it."
"Recipe is a great base, I like the amped up sage flavor. I also wanted to stuff a small turkey. Cooked sausage & veggies together with butter. Dried cubed leftover garlic knots in the oven till crisp, made 8 cups. Used Arnold seasoned cubed stuffing mix for the rest. Added more pepper & left out the egg. I stuffed my bird at that point. I added more cubed stuffing & the egg to what was left along with a bit more poultry seasoning. I placed a paper towel under the cover of the crock. It catches the steam so the stuffing doesn't get mushy. Been eating it almost daily since thanksgiving, it's the best stuffing I've made."
"This was really good and easy. I feel like I will do this every year!"
"Added more stock off the turkey & buttered the non stick crock pot; doubled the ingredients. Put on low and forgot about it 6 full hours. It was Super Moist Inside and Oh So Crispy on the Top Bottom and Sides! everyone wants to do this now!!!!!"
"Hello anyone know if I can by just use regular pre seasoned cubed stuffing? Will it be too gummy?"