- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 cups cubed day-old white bread
- 6 cups cubed day-old whole wheat bread
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
- In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook onion and celery in butter until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, salt, poultry seasoning, sage and pepper. Stir in onion mixture. Combine broth and eggs; add to bread mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Stuffing from the Slow Cooker
Sort By :
"Hello anyone know if I can by just use regular pre seasoned cubed stuffing? Will it be too gummy?"
"Do you have to add eggs? Sounds great and I want to try it."
"I needed A way to cook dressing without tying up the oven and tried this. It turned out great. I did forget to cook the celery and onions before mixing everything and putting into the crockpot and it turned out fine. I used the dried wheat & white bread cubes that come in the bag also. Used 1/2 tsp of sage and everything else as stated. It was very good."
"Very good. I tripled the recipe to feed over 30 people. Like the idea that it frees up your oven for other food. I would dry the bread cubes in a low oven or leave them sit out over night on a sheet pan the next time I make this. Also, as a previous comment stated, would omit the sage, since the poultry seasoning has plenty of sage in it. I did not use all the sage that the recipe called for, but I feel that there was still little too much in the stuffing."
"Have not tried this recipe yet but I wanted to give a suggestion for too much liquid...place a tea towel on top of crock pot, place lid on top...this way the steam will absorb into the towel and not the stuffing."