Stuffing from the Slow Cooker Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 cups cubed day-old white bread
- 6 cups cubed day-old whole wheat bread
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook onion and celery in butter until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, salt, poultry seasoning, sage and pepper. Stir in onion mixture. Combine broth and egg substitute; add to bread mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Stuffing from the Slow Cooker(20)
Sort By :
This was a hit for my family. It will probably be our new go to stuffing recipe. Only request my hubby said was that it was too "spicy"...so I may try toning down the sage a bit next time.
Very good! Convenient to make and serve in the crockpot. I cheated by using a box of Mrs. Cubbison's with some wheat bread and adjusted seasonings accordingly. Will repeat this recipe next Thanksgiving.
Very good; I doubled the onion and celery and enjoyed it that way. 2 eggs worked out well instead of egg substitute. I dried out the whole-wheat bread in the oven on a low heat (not really toasting it) ahead of time, and I'm glad I did that. It was extremely soft even so. I expect that baking it in the oven would make it crisp up a bit. Easy and enjoyed by all.
I'm allergic to egg so I made it without and added 1/2cup more liquid - it was delicious.
I made this last year and am making again. This was great tasting. and what I call a very ¨forgiving" recipe. No matter what I did wrong, it worked out well!
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Recipes >