Stuffing Dumpling Soup Recipe
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh carrots
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cooked stuffing
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the broth, carrots and Creole seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5-8 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk eggs and flour until smooth. Crumble stuffing over mixture; mix well. If necessary, add water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until mixture holds its shape.
- 3. Add the turkey and green beans to soup; return to a boil. Drop stuffing mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls onto simmering soup. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift the cover while simmering). Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 390 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 1,252 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.