I've always loved turkey, dumplings and stuffing, so I combined them and added a punch of Creole flavor. My family loves it, even my little ones. It's got some kick, but a dollop of sour cream mellow that out. —Relina Shirley, Reno, Nevada
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh carrots
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cooked stuffing
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh green beans
- In a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the broth, carrots and Creole seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5-8 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk eggs and flour until smooth. Crumble stuffing over mixture; mix well. If necessary, add water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until mixture holds its shape.
- Add the turkey and green beans to soup; return to a boil. Drop stuffing mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls onto simmering soup. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift the cover while simmering). Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Stuffing Dumpling Soup in Taste of Home November 2011, p69
Reviews for Stuffing Dumpling Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review