Stuffing Crust Turkey Potpie Recipe
- 2 cups cooked corn bread stuffing
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup turkey gravy
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup French-fried onions, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine stuffing and enough broth to reach desired moistness; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and gravy until smooth. Stir in the turkey, broccoli, Swiss cheese, salt and pepper. Spoon over crust.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine potatoes and cream; spread over turkey mixture. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with onions if desired. Bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece (calculated without French-fried onions) equals 389 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 910 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Stuffing Crust Turkey Potpie
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer