Stuffing Baskets Recipe
You won't find eggs and jelly beans in these appealing "Easter baskets", but you will enjoy delectable sliced mushrooms and pecan tidbits. Instant stuffing mix makes them a snap to prepare, and their fun shape won't soon be forgotten by your guests.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1 package (6 ounces) instant stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute green pepper in butter until crisp-tender. Drain mushrooms, reserving liquid; set mushrooms aside. Add water to liquid to measure 1-2/3 cups. Add to green pepper. Bring to a boil; stir in the stuffing mix.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and pecans; fluff with a fork. Spoon into paper-lined muffin cups; pack lightly. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 129 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 342 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC