This delicious side dish always remind me of special holiday dinners except these are so much faster to fix.Mary Beth Jung, Hendersonville, North Carolina
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 5 cups soft bread cubes
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 egg, well beaten
- In a large skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Shape into eight balls.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or
- until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 235 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 536 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.