We are major stuffing fans, so we use it in this sausage strata. If you have leftover turkey, try it as a substitute for the sausage. —Elizabeth Ray, Corona, California
Recommended: Extra-Special Recipes for Breakfast in Bed
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms, optional
- 6 cups cooked stuffing
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 large eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and mushrooms over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of each of the following; stuffing, cheese and sausage mixture. Repeat layers. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and salt until blended. Pour over layers. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Remove strata from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 1-1-1/4 hours or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Stuffing & Sausage Strata in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p164
Reviews for Stuffing & Sausage Strata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review