- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1-1/4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 to 5 medium zucchini
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine first 11 ingredients and one can of the tomato sauce; mix well. Stir in tomatoes. Halve zucchini lengthwise; scoop out seeds. Fill with meat mixture; place in two 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Spoon remaining tomato sauce over each.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes or until the zucchini is tender. Sprinkle with cheese during the last few minutes of baking. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Stuffed Zucchini
"This is amazing! I followed the recipe as directed. I will be making this again and again!"
"This was a delicious meal. I used ground veal in place of the beef and only used one tomato. The portion of the zucchini that I scooped out I used to stuff a separate one for my vegetarian daughter. Added some Parmesan cheese too. I used garlic salt in place of regular salt."
"I made this without the jalapeno but everything else was the same. Delicious!!!"
"My sister made these and they were a hit. I adapted them with garlic, mushrooms and fresh corn off the cob and used yellow zucchini and will definitely make these again!"
"This was a great fresh recipe....nice change for the zucchini!"
"Delicious recipe! Tried this for dinner tonight and it was very yum... didn't add the jalapenos, and added more salt. Forgot the cheese at the end but it was fine without it."
"Definitely a good recipe for using garden vegetables. I used my home-grown zucchini, jalapeño pepper and tomato sauce I made from my garden tomatoes for this delicious dish. I froze a pan of the stuffed zucchini for another time. All in all, avery satisfying and delicious dinner!"
"WOW, WHAT A GREAT DISH . A good way to use up the 4001 extra zucchini in the garden. Thanks"
"Tasty and healthy way to use zucchini from the garden!"