- Leaving a 1-in. shell and the core intact, cut out and chop the
- inside of the cabbage. To beef, add 1 cup chopped cabbage, 1 cup
- sauce, rice, egg, salt and pepper; mix well. Spoon into cabbage
- Place 2 cups water, the remaining chopped cabbage and the remaining
- sauce in a Dutch oven; mix well. Carefully add stuffed cabbage, meat
- side up. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- 1-1/2 hours or until whole cabbage is tender. Remove cabbage to a
- serving platter and keep warm.
- Combine the cornstarch and remaining water; add to Dutch oven. Bring
- to a boil, stirring constantly; boil for 2 minutes. Pour over the
- cabbage; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cut into wedges to serve.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 264 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 683 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 18 g protein.