- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1 cup imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 walleye fillets (about 8 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels; drain. In the same skillet, saute the onion, celery and crab in butter until vegetables are tender. Transfer to a large bowl; add the stuffing, water, salt, pepper and cayenne; toss to moisten.
- Place fillets in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Spoon stuffing mixture over fillets; top each with two pieces of bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Walleye in Country August/September 2002, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Stuffed Walleye
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review