- With skin side down, pound turkey breast with a meat mallet to
- 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread sausage
- mixture over turkey to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll
- style, starting with a short side; tie at 1-1/2-in. to 2-in.
- intervals with kitchen string. Place in a 5-qt. oval slow cooker.
- In a blender, combine the first nine sauce ingredients; cover and
- process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a
- steady stream. Pour over turkey.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until a thermometer inserted in
- center reads 165°. Remove from slow cooker; cover and let stand
- for 10 minutes before slicing. Discard string.
- Meanwhile, skim fat from cooking juices; transfer juices to a small
- saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Serve with turkey. Yield: 8 servings (about 1 cup sauce).
Bake option: Place turkey roll in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour sauce over top. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 70-80 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in center of stuffing reads 165°. (Cover loosely with foil during the last 20 minutes if turkey browns too quickly.) Remove from oven; cover and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Discard string. Skim fat from cooking juices; serve juices with turkey.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA
, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now