For this main course, I tuck Swiss cheese and spinach into browned turkey slices, then tops them with store-bought spaghetti sauce before baking until they're heated through. I usually serve these roll-ups with pasta, a green salad and rolls.—Lillian E. Butler, Stratford, Connecticut
Recommended: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 pound boneless skinless turkey breast halves, cut into 8 slices
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place bread crumbs in a large resealable plastic bag. Add turkey; toss to coat. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey in batches; cook until no longer pink. Remove from skillet.
- Place half of a cheese slice and 2 tablespoons spinach down the center of each turkey slice. Fold turkey over filling; secure with toothpicks.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with spaghetti sauce. Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 170°, 12-15 minutes. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Florentine in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p14
Reviews for Stuffed Turkey Florentine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2011
"This is really good. I served it with the Lemon Angel Hair on the same page and French bread."