For this main course, I tuck Swiss cheese and spinach into browned turkey slices, then tops them with store-bought spaghetti sauce before baking until they're heated through. I usually serve these roll-ups with pasta, a green salad and rolls.—Lillian E. Butler, Stratford, Connecticut
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 8 slices uncooked turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 slices Swiss cheese, cut in half
- 1 package (9 to 10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- Place bread crumbs in a large resealable plastic bag; add turkey in batches and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown turkey in oil over medium heat. Remove from the skillet.
- Place half a cheese slice and 2 tablespoons spinach down the center of each turkey slice. Fold turkey over filling; secure with toothpicks.
- Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with spaghetti sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15 minutes or turkey juices run clear. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Florentine in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p14
Reviews for Stuffed Turkey Florentine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review