Fish is perfect for a busy cook like me, since it's so quick and easy to prepare. This recipe enhances trout's naturally pleasant taste.—Shirley Coleman, Monkton, Vermont
Recommended: How to Cook in Foil Packets
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh coarse bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 dressed trout (1/2 pound each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stuff into trout. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Trout in Taste of Home April/May 1995, p65
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Stuffed Trout
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2014
"Delicious, restaurant quality entr?e. 5 Star"