Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Pineapple is a sweet flavor accent for these twice-baked favorites.
-North Carolina Sweet Potato Commission
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + cooling
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork. Bake at 400° for 55-65 minutes
- or until tender. Cool slightly. Remove pulp from potatoes, keeping
- the skins intact. In a bowl, combine the pulp with pineapple, orange
- juice, butter and salt. Refill potato shells and place in a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until
- heated through. Yield: 6 servings.