Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
This is my favorite version of twice-baked potatoes. It is a different way to serve sweet potatoes. Pineapple and walnuts enhance the texture, and it's pretty on the plate. Shirley Petry
Cherry Log, Georgia
12 ServingsPrep: 1 hour 20 min. + cooling Bake: 15 min.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- Bake sweet potatoes at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop
- out pulp and place in a bowl. Add orange juice, 2 tablespoons butter
- and salt; mash. Stir in the pineapple and walnuts. Spoon into potato
- Place in two greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with
- marshmallows and cornflakes. Drizzle with remaining butter. Bake,
- uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 12 servings.