Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Says field editor Marion Lowery from Medford, Oregon, "These delicious potatoes make a simple, hearty side dish that's extra nutritious."
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour 25 min. + cooling
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup chopped fully cooked low-fat ham
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- Dash pepper
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or
- until tender. Cool. Cut a thick slice off the top of each potato.
- Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Transfer pulp to a bowl;
- add butter and mash. Stir in ham, onion and pepper. Spoon into
- potato shells. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or
- until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.