Stuffed Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- 2. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with caramel topping and butter. Spoon into potato shells.
- 3. Place on baking sheets; sprinkle with marshmallows and pecans. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 stuffed potato half: 265 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Stuffed Sweet Potato Casserole
"Very good, but watch the marshmallows closely...mine got burnt!"
"easy to make and tasty."
"This dish was easy to make and very good."