Stuffed Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- 2. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with caramel topping and butter. Spoon into potato shells.
- 3. Place on baking sheets; sprinkle with marshmallows and pecans. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 stuffed potato half equals 265 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Stuffed Sweet Potato Casserole
"Very good, but watch the marshmallows closely...mine got burnt!"
"easy to make and tasty."
"This dish was easy to make and very good."