Delight guests with little individual casseroles baked right inside the potato shell. Marshmallows and caramel ice cream topping make them irresistible. —Pauline Dettrey, Monument, Colorado
Recommended: The 13x9 Thanksgiving
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with caramel topping and butter. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on baking sheets; sprinkle with marshmallows and pecans. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Sweet Potato Casserole in Taste of Home November 2011, p36
Reviews for Stuffed Sweet Potato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review