Stuffed Sweet Peppers Recipe
- 3 medium sweet red peppers
- 2 medium sweet yellow peppers
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce, divided
- 3/4 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Cut tops off peppers; chop tops and set aside. Discard stems and seeds; set pepper cups aside. Set aside 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce; pour the remaining sauce into a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the sausage, rice, cheese, onion, tomato, parsley, olives, garlic powder, salt, Italian seasoning, pepper flakes and reserved chopped peppers and spaghetti sauce. Spoon into peppers.
- 3. Transfer peppers to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until sausage is no longer pink and peppers are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 292 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 1,182 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Stuffed Sweet Peppers
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.