Stuffed Sweet Peppers Recipe
- 3 medium sweet red peppers
- 2 medium sweet yellow peppers
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce, divided
- 3/4 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 3/4 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cut tops off peppers; chop tops and set aside. Discard stems and seeds; set pepper cups aside. Set aside 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce; pour the remaining sauce into a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage, rice, cheese, onion, tomato, parsley, olives, garlic powder, salt, Italian seasoning, pepper flakes and reserved chopped peppers and spaghetti sauce. Spoon into peppers.
- Transfer peppers to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until sausage is no longer pink and peppers are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Stuffed Sweet Peppers
Sort By :
LOVE, EASY, FAMILY & COMPANY APPROVAL!!
This was a truly amazing stuffed pepper. Added a bit more sausage and used raisins intead of chopped tomato's. OUTSTANDING..!! This recipe reminded me of a pepper I had in Sorrento Italy and tasted better.
I haven't made this recipe yet but have a question: Do the peppers cook in the spaghetti sauce that has been placed in the 5 qt slow cooker? I've never made stuffed peppers before.
thank you tinaguerr. I too noticed the 5 & 3 quart difference. I will use the 5 quart as you suggested. Recipe sounds great.
made with regular Italian sausage and my own homemade sauce - it was a great hit with my husband and son..will keep this in mind for a great summer supper.