Stuffed Sweet Pepper Soup
Tomatoes, peppers, garlic and onions are the mainstays of my garden. Being the oldest of seven children, I acquired a knack for cooking from my mom.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 70 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 8 cups water
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 3 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1-1/2 cups chili sauce
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons browning sauce, optional
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a Dutch oven, over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink;
- drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until rice is tender.
- Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 144 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 866 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.