- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 cups water
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 3 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1-1/2 cups chili sauce
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons browning sauce, optional
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a Dutch oven, over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until rice is tender. Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
Reviews for Stuffed Sweet Pepper Soup
Sort By :
"Surprising flavorful! I only made 1/2 recipe, and it was plenty for family of 4 with leftovers for lunch. Seemed liquidy at first but thickened nicely as the rice cooked."
"Made this today and my family really liked it. I did saute the peppers, onions and celery with the meat. I made half the recipe as it was all I needed. Will be making this again."
"I changed a couple of things out of necessity. I only put 4 cups of water because I only had brown minute rice and omitted the celery because I had none. Left the salt out on purpose to see if it really needed it, which it doesn't for us or the couple that I served it to. They liked it so much I emailed the recipe to them before they went home! Definitely a keeper with my substitutions."
"If you cook it with the rice in it, sure it makes it thicker.... but in the winter months it's more of a "Stuffed Pepper-STOUP" Thick and Hearty, serve with crusty bread and OH MY !!!!!!!"
"Excellent, tasty and very easy to make. Will be making again and again."