- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 cups water
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 3 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1-1/2 cups chili sauce
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons browning sauce, optional
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a Dutch oven, over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until rice is tender. Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
Reviews for Stuffed Sweet Pepper Soup
Sort By :
"Absolutely AWESOME!!! My daughter made it using different colored peppers ... Great flavor.. Also, since we had ground venison she used that instead of the ground beef..."
"Absolutely one of the best soups I have ever made."
"If you like stuffed peppers, you wil love this recipe!!! This is one of my favorite homemade soups."
"I make this every fall...it's one of my favorites. I always make enough to freeze several meals' worth so we can have it all winter. It freezes well."
"We all loved this soup and it was a nice easy recipe to make."