- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 cups water
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 3 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1-1/2 cups chili sauce
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons browning sauce, optional
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a Dutch oven, over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until rice is tender. Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
Reviews for Stuffed Sweet Pepper Soup
"I sauteed the onions, peppers and celery before adding them to the pot. The chili sauce made it too sweet for my families' taste. I think next time I will omit the chili sauce and it will be much better. Overall, great recipe and I will be making it again!"
"This soup is delicious and full bodied. The only change I make is to substitute chicken broth for the water. I'm sure beef or vegetable broth would also work. I do not add the browning sauce. I think the chili sauce gives it that extra bit of flavor. I have made it several times but tonight I served it with Garlic-Herb Parmesan rolls also from this web site. What a great twosome!"
"My family didn't care for this recipe. The flavor seemed bland to us."
"Surprising flavorful! I only made 1/2 recipe, and it was plenty for family of 4 with leftovers for lunch. Seemed liquidy at first but thickened nicely as the rice cooked."
"Made this today and my family really liked it. I did saute the peppers, onions and celery with the meat. I made half the recipe as it was all I needed. Will be making this again."