Stuffed Steak Rolls Recipe
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup prepared stuffing
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 beef cubed steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in oil until crisp-tender; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Combine stuffing and cheese; spoon onto the center of the steaks. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- In the same skillet, cook steak rolls until browned. Combine water and bouillon; stir in chili sauce and vegetable mixture. Pour over steak rolls. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, occasionally spooning sauce over rolls. Remove toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now