Stuffed Sole Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound fresh cooked or canned crabmeat, drained and cartilage removed
- 8 sole or flounder fillets (2 to 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cooked wild, brown or white rice or a mixture, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the onion, shrimp and mushrooms in butter until onion is tender. Add crabmeat; heat through. Sprinkle fillets with salt, pepper and paprika. Spoon crabmeat mixture on fillets; roll up and fasten with a toothpick.
- 2. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the soup, broth and water; blend until smooth. Pour over fillets. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley; return to the oven, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 297 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 170 mg cholesterol, 1,070 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 44 g protein.
Reviews for Stuffed Sole
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.