Stuffed Sole with Shrimp Recipe
If you like stuffed fish, this recipe is the way to go. It's so easy to assemble and cooks in just a few minutes in the microwave, shares Robert Bishop of Lexington, Kentucky. Try it with chicken instead of sole, if you prefer, for a meal that's equally good.
- 2 sole fillets (6 ounces each), halved lengthwise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Dash onion powder
- 1 can (4 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup cubed bread, toasted
- Dash paprika
- Drizzle fillets with lemon juice; sprinkle with onion powder. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe dish, combine the shrimp, milk, celery, 1 tablespoon butter and parsley. Cover and microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until celery is tender. Stir in bread cubes. Spoon shrimp mixture down center of each fillet. Starting with a short side, roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Place in a shallow microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray. Brush with remaining butter; sprinkle with paprika. Cover and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp-Stuffed Sole in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p45
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Stuffed Sole with Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review