Stuffed Snow Pea Snacks Recipe
What happens when you combine a creamy seafood concoction with a plain old bunch of vegetables? Magic—in the form of these engagingly different snacks! Helen Cornet of Carmel, Indiana shared her crab dip, a must at her house during the holidays and beyond. Then our crafty kitchen crew came up with a creative way to serve it—by stuffing the dip into snow peas. It's simply delightful.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:28 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained and cartilage removed
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 3/4 pound fresh snow peas
- 1. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Add crab, bacon, onion and egg; stir until well mixed. Split the pea pods on the curved edge with a sharp knife. Spoon 1 teaspoon crab mixture into each pea pod. Yield: about 7 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC