- 9 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- In a large skillet, cook six bacon strips over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside. In drippings, saute onion, celery and carrot until crisp-tender. Remove from heat; stir in bread crumbs, parsley, garlic powder, pepper and bacon. Let stand until liquid is absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of roast to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open roast so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1-in. thickness. Remove plastic; spread stuffing over meat to within 1 in. of edges. Close roast and tie at 1-in. intervals with kitchen string.
- Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cut remaining bacon strips in half; arrange over top of roast. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat reached desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10-14 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Sirloin Roast in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p49
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Stuffed Sirloin Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review