Stuffed Shrimp Appetizers Recipe
- 20 uncooked large shrimp (about 1 pound)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving the tails on. Butterfly each shrimp along the outside curve. Open shrimp flat and place butterflied-side down in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, lemon juice and seasonings. Stir in crab. Place 1 tablespoonful of mixture over each shrimp; sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve warm. Yield: 20 appetizers.
1 each: 36 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Stuffed Shrimp Appetizers
"This recipe was really good..had a slight kick to it but easy, quick, tasty appetizer.."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.