“This wonderful low-fat treat is delicious, full of flavor, and its presentation makes it especially appetizing. We love it.” Shirley Leasock - Rockwood, Pennsylvania
- 20 uncooked large shrimp (about 1 pound)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving the tails on. Butterfly each shrimp along the outside curve. Open shrimp flat and place butterflied-side down in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, lemon juice and seasonings. Stir in crab. Place 1 tablespoonful of mixture over each shrimp; sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve warm. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Originally published as Stuffed Shrimp Appetizers in Simple & Delicious May 2010, p42
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Stuffed Shrimp Appetizers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2013
"This recipe was really good..had a slight kick to it but easy, quick, tasty appetizer.."