Stuffed Shells Florentine Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) jumbo pasta shells
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (32 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- Thin breadsticks, optional
- 1. Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the egg, ricotta cheese, spinach, Parmesan cheese, salt, oregano and pepper. Drain shells and rinse in cold water; stuff with spinach mixture.
- 2. Place shells in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour spaghetti sauce over shells. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Serve with breadsticks if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (3 each) equals 292 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 727 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.