Stuffed Round Steak Recipe
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steaks, (about 1 pound each)
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1. Flatten steaks to 1/4-in. thickness; set aside. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings.
- 2. Saute onion in the drippings. Add the croutons, parsley, salt, celery salt, sage, pepper and bacon. Spread over each steak to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; tie with kitchen string.
- 3. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour broth over steaks. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour. Drizzle with tomato sauce. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until meat is tender.
- 4. Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm. Pour drippings and loosened brown bits into a measuring cup; skim fat. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir in drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with sliced steak. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving equals 220 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 684 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Stuffed Round Steak
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.