- sauce. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm. Pour drippings and
- loosened brown bits into a measuring cup; skim fat. In a saucepan,
- combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir in
- drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Serve with sliced steak. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 220 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 684 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.