Stuffed Round Steak Recipe
When my grown daughter and I have our choice of special meals, we both pick my mom's round steak recipe as our favorite. The flavor-filled stuffing is wonderful. It's nice and hearty, too.
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steaks, (about 1 pound each)
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Flatten steaks to 1/4-in. thickness; set aside. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings.
- Saute onion in the drippings. Add the croutons, parsley, salt, celery salt, sage, pepper and bacon. Spread over each steak to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; tie with kitchen string.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour broth over steaks. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour. Drizzle with tomato sauce. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm. Pour drippings and loosened brown bits into a measuring cup; skim fat. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir in drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with sliced steak. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Round Steak in Country Woman January/February 2003, p33
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Stuffed Round Steak(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 13, 2010
Didn't like at all. Very chewy. Stuffing not very flavorful.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >