Stuffed Roast Pepper Soup
After sampling a similar soup at a summer resort, my daughter and I invented this version. Using a colorful variety of peppers gives it plenty of eye appeal.Betty Vig, Viroqua, Wisconsin
16 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cups water
- 8 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 green, sweet yellow or red peppers, seeded and chopped
- In a large Dutch oven or stockpot, cook beef and onion over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the water, bouillon
- cubes, tomatoes, rice and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- Add peppers; cook, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or just until tender.
- Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 158 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 818 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.