After sampling a similar soup at a summer resort, my daughter and I invented this version. Using a colorful variety of peppers gives it plenty of eye appeal.—Betty Vig, Viroqua, Wisconsin
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cups water
- 8 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 green, sweet yellow or red peppers, seeded and chopped
- In a large Dutch oven or stockpot, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the water, bouillon cubes, tomatoes, rice and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- Add peppers; cook, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or just until tender. Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
Originally published as Stuffed Roast Pepper Soup in Country Ground Beef 1993, p9
Reviews for Stuffed Roast Pepper Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review