Stuffed Ranch Chicken Recipe
My husband and I are trying to eat healthier, so I keep on the lookout for light, flavorful foods that serve two. Stuffed with red pepper, green onion and creamy ranch dressing, this supper is a winner. —LaDonna Reed of Ponca City, Oklahoma
- 1 bacon strip, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free ranch salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons fat-free evaporated milk
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towel. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; spread with ranch dressing. Top with mushrooms, red pepper and onions. Roll up and wrap a piece of bacon around each; secure with a toothpick if needed.
- 2. Place in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or chicken juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Remove toothpicks.
- 3. Strain pan juices. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; stir in pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 220 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Stuffed Ranch Chicken
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC