Stuffed Potatoes with Cheese Recipe
Cottage cheese is the "secret" ingredient in this creamy side dish. "I make two potatoes, one for dinner and one for lunch the next day," notes Janet English, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1. Bake potatoes at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a small bowl, mash pulp; set aside.
- 2. In a small skillet, cook and stir onion in water for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add mashed potatoes, cottage cheese, buttermilk, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until blended and heated through. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with green onion. Yield: 2 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC