Cottage cheese is the "secret" ingredient in this creamy side dish. "I make two potatoes, one for dinner and one for lunch the next day," notes Janet English, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- Bake potatoes at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a small bowl, mash pulp; set aside.
- In a small skillet, cook and stir onion in water for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add mashed potatoes, cottage cheese, buttermilk, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until blended and heated through. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with green onion. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheese-Stuffed Potatoes in Taste of Home February/March 2005, p23
Reviews for Stuffed Potatoes with Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2014
"I love this site thanks so much for your things it change my cooking in a big way"