"Fabulous as party appetizers, snacks or light meals, these potatoes are a fun way to eat your vegetables," writes Hollie Powell from St. Louis, Missouri.
- 6 medium baking potatoes (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 large sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 400° for 40-50 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly; cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell (save pulp for another use). Place potato shells on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Combine butter and 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce; brush over shells. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes or until edges are crispy and butter is bubbly. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the onions, red pepper, broccoli, 3/4 cup cheese and remaining hot pepper sauce; spoon into potato skins. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Broil 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Potato Skins in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p27
Reviews for Stuffed Potato Skins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review